The My health, my school survey gathers children and young people’s views, behaviours and choices about their health and wellbeing.
The survey is available for year groups 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, (as well as separate surveys for Post 16 and provision for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities). It is easy to use and provides schools/colleges with instant access to analysed data.
It is free for all schools in Torbay and the summary of survey responses can:
- assist with development or update of your whole-school health improvement action plan (part of the School Health Check)
- help you plan and deliver more effective PSHE education tailored to your school community
- inform planning of targeted support services and pastoral care practice
- provide evidence that will support Ofsted inspections.
Schools and colleges taking up the survey will also get a wealth of support materials. School staff are guided on the safe, anonymous completion of the survey. Pupils are given slide sets and other materials to help them understand what they are being asked and why. Pre-and post-lesson plans are also available.
We encourage uptake of the My health, my school survey as part of your whole- school approach. We see it as a crucial component of the Torbay Healthy Schools Programme.
The data provided can allow us to tailor interventions to improve the data and the lives of children and young people for the future. The survey comprises of a range of questions on the eight themes:
- All about me
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity and sport
- PE in schools
- Drugs, alcohol and tobacco
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
- Sexual Health
- My School/College
These are tailored age-appropriately with year group logins.
Watch The My Health, My School Survey Pupil Diary video, below
Schools need to register to access the My health my school survey:
- Go to My health My School survey and click ‘Register’. Please note it is the My Health My School Survey and not the Wellbeing Survey
- In the ‘Local Authority’ drop-down list select ‘Torbay’ and then select your school’s name
- Complete any blank sections with your school’s details and click ‘Create an account’. In billing information, please enter ‘0-19Torbay ’ in every box
- You will then receive email confirmation of your registration and will be provided with access to your account.
- Once registered you will have access to the surveys, letters and videos for parents and so much more
Completing the My health, my school survey will mean we will have a sound and evidence based foundation for our continuing improvements in PSHE and ensuring we know our students’ physical and mental health needs.”
Once you have registered please log into the managers site where you will find The My Health, My School survey eUser Guide Video, the video gives a tour of the survey and provides lots of useful information on how to:
- Register for the Survey
- Prepare for the Survey
- Complete the survey
- Download and analyse your survey results
To find out more about the My health my school survey, or if you are difficulty registering please contact our 0 to 19 Torbay team at 0to19torbay